Career after 12th Science (Biology) through Biotechnology Degree
For all the young minds and fresh brains looking for the best options to use their knowledge of biotechnology after the 12th, here is one perfect article for you.
What is Biotechnology?
Blending your knowledge of biology with technology is what Biotechnology is.
In simple words, it is a “Biology” based technology that involves organisms and living systems for developing products and technologies to enhance human life and the overall health of our planet Earth.
Scope In Biotechnology:
Biotechnology offers an ample amount of opportunities for its UG and PG students. This sector is growing at a fast pace and it’s one of the popular multidisciplinary Science-branch amongst students who have cleared high secondary education with “Science” as the main subject and wish to apply for a career in the field.
The exciting career opportunities and vast scope of biotechnology allures students who want to step into the diverse and continuously evolving sector of Science. People usually have this misconception that a science student’s career is restricted to become a doctor(which is quite a tough job to get into). But no, there are plenty of other professions and career paths one can choose for himself/herself.
The wide scope of Biotechnology provides many remunerative career opportunities that give you fatter pay cheques as well. As it is an emerging career field, year by year we are seeing new job roles in various sectors, biotechnology has its role in almost every sector, it touches almost every industry.
Areas, where Biotechnology applies, are pharmaceutical, food, nutrition, textiles, manufacturing, agriculture, animal husbandry, and many more.
The main 4 Categories in which Biotechnology courses are categorized are:
- Diploma Courses (Biotechnology)
- Graduate Courses (Biotechnology)
- Post Graduate( Biotechnology)
- Ph.D. (Biotechnology)
- Diploma In Biotechnology:
- B.Tech. + M.Tech. (Biotechnology): It’s a dual degree course to make a career in the field of Biological Science & Technology, the duration will be of 5 years.
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering: A diploma program which is for three years and can be opted after completion of 12th.
2. Biotechnology Courses to be Opt after10+2
- Bachelor of Science(Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Engineering(Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Science in Advanced Zoology
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Animal Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Molecular & Cellular Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Bioprocess Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Industrial Microbiology
3. Postgraduate Programs in Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology
- M.tech in Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Nanobiotechnology
- M.E in Bio Informatics
- M.Tech in BioProcess Engineering
- M.tech in Industrial Biotechnology
It is a Doctorate course in Biotechnology which usually takes3–5 years to complete. In the course duration, a student has to study a subject like recent Trends in Biotechnology, Research Methodology, Scientific Communication, etc. And after the completion, the person has career prospects like Assistant Professor in Biotechnology, Medical Scientist, Biochemist, Microbiologist, Biomanufacturing Specialist, Medical Communication Specialist, Product Manager, etc. Ph.D. is the highest degree one can have, also it gives a chance to change lives with your research work and innovations.